Joint Doctoral School
Silesian University Of Technology
Earliest start date
* each Ph.D. student receives a scholarship without charging for tuition
The Silesian University of Technology organizes its Ph.D. studies within the Joint Doctoral School. The School aims to promote and implement research areas defined in the University development strategy. Ph.D. studies prepare students to achieve a high degree of specialization and expertise in a scientific discipline.
The Joint Doctoral School offers interdisciplinary education covering a wide range of scientific disciplines. The duration of a Ph.D. program is 4 years with full-time enrolment. Each Ph.D. student receives a scholarship without charging for tuition.
The Joint Doctoral School selects prospective Ph.D. students through annual open competitions in the form of entrance examinations.
The most important information about the enrolment to the Joint Doctoral School in the academic year
- The enrolment to The Joint Doctoral School takes place through an annual open competition on the rules set out in Resolution No. 4/2020 of the Senate of the Silesian University of Technology from 27th January.
- The enrolment is open from 29th June according to the detailed calendar set by the Rector.
- The registration and submitting of documents in electronic form take place due to the online platform DreamApply.
- The topics of Ph.D. projects, divided into scientific disciplines, are available from 22nd June. The candidate chooses the topic of the Ph.D. project to which he/she wants to apply.
- After choosing the topic of the Ph.D. project, the candidate should contact by e-mail the supervisor responsible for this project, to discuss the details of the project implementation and obtain the supervisor’s statement, required during enrolment.
- In justified cases, when the candidate cannot appear in person for the entrance examinations (in particular in the current situation related to the epidemic or in the case of foreign candidates), the entrance examinations takes place outside the site of the University, using IT technology with control the course of the examination and its registration.