Name of the program: Doctorate in Educational Innovation
Key DGP: 241609
Normal period to graduate: 6 semesters
Degree that confers: Doctor in Educational Innovation
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
To train researchers who are capable of producing original knowledge about educational realities and apply them in a creative way with the purpose of contributing, with ethical sense, to the solution of problems and the attention of educational needs, through the formulation of foundations that sustain innovations and reforms educational activities at the regional and national levels.
- To train researchers who contribute to the production of knowledge about education in Sonora and Mexico.
- To train researchers who are capable of promoting educational innovation by investigating the problems of the educational field in the region and the country.
- To train new generations of researchers with the capacity and willingness to contribute with original knowledge for the solution of educational problems in Sonora and Mexico.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
The graduate of the Doctorate in Educational Innovation of the Universidad de Sonora , will have the following specific competences:
- Develops the ability to assess the state of the education system in Mexico to build objects of study in the field of education in relation to educational innovation.
- Applies the main theories of education and educational innovation, emphasizing currents of thought and models that influence the formulation of changes, reforms and educational innovations.
- It relates the theoretical conceptions with the design of an investigation to support its genuine character and its contribution to the state of the art.
- It includes the needs and problems presented by educational institutions to guide and provide feedback on the design, implementation and evaluation of actions, innovations and reforms.
- It promotes the innovation of educational processes to improve the quality of teaching, learning and management in educational contexts.
- Participates in national and international research teams, groups and networks, specialized in educational issues.
- Effectively performs the role of researcher in the institutions that make up the Mexican educational system and the national system of science and technology.
List of subjects
- Contemporary Problems of Education Seminar
- Optional Seminar I
- Theory of Education and Innovation Seminar
- Optional Seminar II
- Seminar on Educational Research Methodology I
- Seminar on Educational Research Methodology II
- Quantitative Techniques for Educational Research
- Qualitative Techniques for Educational Research
- Thesis Seminar I
- Thesis Seminar II
- Thesis Seminar III
- Thesis Seminar IV
- Thesis Seminar V
- Thesis Seminar VI
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Subjects, institutions, reforms and educational policies. This line includes studies with a broad or macro focus on the participation of the actors or educational subjects in the different scenarios or contexts, the role of the institutions, the reforms and the educational policies in the processes of educational change.
- Curriculum, training and innovative educational models. This line includes studies with a focus centered on meso and micro educational levels related to the processes and models of training, teaching, didactics, curriculum and technologies.
Dr. Elva Nora Pamplón Irigoyen
Dr. Etty Haydée Estévez Nenninger
Dr. Gustavo Adolfo León Duarte
Dr. Francisco Javier Parra Bermúdez
Dr. José Luis Ramírez Romero
Dr. José Ángel Vera Noriega
Dr. José Raúl Rodríguez Jiménez
Dr. Edgar Oswaldo González Bello
Dr. Daniel Carlos Gutiérrez Rohán
Dr. Juan Pablo Durand Villalobos
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- Master's degree in areas related to Education and preferably have written and defended a thesis at this level.
- Have passed the subjects of a master's degree plan with an average higher than 80.
- Academic publications in areas related to education.
- Accreditation of the Graduate Entrance Exam for CENEVAL (EXANI-III) with a minimum score of 1000.
- Accredit proof of English equivalent to TOEFL with 450 points.
- Accredit writing exam and academic reading comprehension.
- Commitment to dedicate full time to the studies of the program and conditions to fulfill it.
- Sign the transfer of copyright on data, models and research methodologies that are the product of the academic work and the thesis made in the DIE-UNISON.
- Interview with the Commission of entrance.
- Application for Income
- Explanatory memorandum
- Copy of master's degree.
- Copy of the master's degree certificate, indicating the total of academic credits covered.
- A minimum average score of 80 in the master's degree course.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Preliminary research project congruent with some of the research lines of the Doctorate, preferably linked to a project developed by the program's academic.
The candidate to enter the Doctorate in Educational Innovation must have the following knowledge and skills:
- Of the methodology to realize a preliminary project of investigation in some of the lines of investigation that promotes the doctorate.
- From the English language with a minimum score of 450 on the TOEFL exam.
- Use of electronic programs and media for the preparation of the thesis project.
- Critical reading and writing of scientific texts.
- To act with an ethical sense.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain a PhD degree, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program;
- Proof of understanding a language other than Spanish, as established by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Program according to the study program.
- Pass the examination of grade in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso.
- For the degree of doctor, to pass a general examination of knowledge in the case in which the graduate program contemplates it.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Office for the issuance of the degree.
To pass the examination of degree in the written and oral phase, in the terms indicated in articles 61 and 62 of the Regulation of Postgraduate Studies of the Universidad de Sonora . The written phase of the doctorate-level degree examination will consist of the preparation of an individual thesis. Present and defend the corresponding thesis, before the designated thesis committee, based on the project developed with the advice of its thesis supervisor and the tutors of its committee.
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
Cost of the EXANI-III
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice.
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation.
Dr. Juan Pablo Durand Villalobos
Rosales and Blvd. Luis Encinas s / n, Col. Centro, CP 83000, Building 9B. Hermosillo, Sonora.
Tel: 52 (662) 2592206 and 52 (662) 2592205
href = "http://www.die.uson.mx/
Program taught in: